Rewards of the Work!
It would be impossible for Kitsap Rescue Mission to get very far at all without faithful, hard working volunteers who own the work in the good times and in the challenges. Each week we see individuals who may be hungry but most just want some company. I’m thankful for Spirit-filled volunteers working hard and looking for the opportunity to love in Jesus’ name!
Are You Ready to Serve?
Here are some ways you can Help:
- Providing Meals for our Sunday Afternoon Meal
- Administrative Assistant to Volunteer Coordinator
- Data Entry (Donor Perfect Data Base)
- Alternate Drivers for Meal Delivery
- Maintenance on Vehicles
- Facility Maintenance and Cleaning
- Grounds Maintenance
- Day Warming Center Volunteer - See Below!
- Front Desk Receptionists
We recommend the book “When Helping Hurts – How to Alleviate Poverty without Hurting the Poor and Yourself.” The authors Steve Corrbett and Brian Fikkert make some important points:
- Did you know that when you are working with those in need you can experience “compassion fatigue”?
- Did you know that sometimes by helping someone with their immediate needs you might actually be doing more harm than good?
- Did you know that even if you have a nice home, two cars and healthy bank account you can still be poor?
New Winter Day Warming Center!
We have an opportunity we thought that you might like to take advantage of. On October 21, 2013 we are opening a winter Day Warming Center at our office building on the corner of 5th and Warren. This Day Warming Center will be open from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM each day of the week, and weekends if we can find volunteers to run it. This shelter is designed to allow people to get out of the weather during the day this winter.
The Day Warming Center will be run very similarly to the Overnight Shelter and we will be conducting a training session on October 16th at 9:00 AM, at the site. If you would like to volunteer and take the training, please email me. This training will also apply to
Interested in Volunteering?
You can download our volunteer handbook and volunteer application; fill out the application and bring it to Rescue 101
Rescue 101 is where your volunteer journey
The class is held on the first Friday of Each month at the Hub (see the map below).
Contact Walt Le Couteur or call at (360) 373-3428 to reserve a spot.